We are very excited to offer a 1-pot cook off. This is not meant to be a competitive qualifier for anything. The intent is to have a fun and friendly cook off.
So, what are the rules? Not many.
- This is a 1-pot cook-off.
- Individuals may enter, but minors, under the age of 18, must have an adult present.
- The 1-Pot dish must be a main dish.
- Charcoal briquettes must be used, no propane.
- You may use an insert in your oven.
- We’ll want everyone to practice safe food handling techniques.
- Make sure that you avoid cross-food contamination when working with meats and other ingredients.
- Clean cutting boards thoroughly after preparing meat products.
- Follow FDA recommended cooking temperatures for the item being cooked.
- Interaction with the public is encouraged. Please be courteous in sharing cooking information.
- All judging decisions are final.
That’s about it unless we think of something later which we reserve the right to do.
If you follow the recommendations at this FDA website you should be fine. Just click on the link below.
There will be prizes so we are charging $10.00 per team. When you register, you can add your entry and it will be added to your shopping cart.
A panel of guest judges will determine the East Coast DOG Cook-Off winners. There will be first, second, and third place awards provided by the event sponsors.
Please note – The Cook-off is held outdoors, you may bring a canopy to shade your cooking area.
Now, wasn’t that easy?
Cook-Off Event Schedule
7:30 a.m. Teams may start set-up
10:30 a.m. Team meeting
11:00 a.m. Cooking starts – let the fun and good times begin!
1:30 p.m. Dishes presented for judging
6:00 p.m. Team awards and raffle drawing (During evening pot luck)